Will the real turkey please stand up?!
So, with great anticipation, I plant the last of my Turkey Gizzard Beans. Hoping for enough time left in the growing season to be able to harvest just one more helping of the best green beans I have ever tasted.
To speed up the germination, thereby the harvest time, I look up a soaking method, prior to planting. With my own plans well thought out and embarked upon, and a week later… I discover my plans were not exactly the right way to do things. I killed every one of the remaining beans.
Maybe I should NOT have trusted my own plans to speed up the germination process, and just followed the regular method, used correctly by those willing to be patient in the Lord’s sanctioned processes. There really are no short cuts. Now, it will be next year before I will taste again, those heavenly beans. So here are a few witnesses to this lesson that hopefully I have learned. Maybe someone else will learn from my error.
- With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord: 2 Chr. 32:8 .
- Some trust in chariots … but we will remember the name of the Lord: Ps. 20:7 .
- I will not trust in my bow: Ps. 44:6 .
- Put not your trust in princes: Ps. 146:3 .
- lean not unto thine own understanding: Prov. 3:5 .
- He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: Prov. 11:28 .
- He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: Prov. 28:26 .
- they worship the work of their own hands: Isa. 2:8 . ( 2 Ne. 12:8 . )
- Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: Isa. 2:22 . ( 2 Ne. 12:22 . )
- to trust in the shadow of Egypt: Isa. 30:2 .
- they trust in vanity: Isa. 59:4 .
- trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm: Jer. 17:5 .
- walk not after the flesh: Rom. 8:1 .
- have no confidence in the flesh: Philip. 3:3 .
- I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh: 2 Ne. 4:34 .
- Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man: 2 Ne. 28:31 .
- trust no one to be your teacher … except … a man of God: Mosiah 23:14 .
- neither trust in the arm of flesh: D&C 1:19 .
- you should not have feared man more than God: D&C 3:7 .
- yield to the persuasions of men no more: D&C 5:21 .
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. Proverbs 3:7
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm… Jeremiah 17:5
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17: 7-8
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5